Thank you to all who attended my book launch! (see https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.396052993791553.93209.139070592823129&type=1)
Stay tuned for other launch news!
In the aftermath, I wanted to share this poignant article that speaks to many of the themes explored in my novel and also captures the rationale for writing this book:-
Links for women living with domestic violence:
Comprehensive international directory of services- these sites attempt this.
An article dispelling myths about sexual violence by the World Health Organisation
An innovative approach to DV- staying in your own home
- with an awesome safety planning booklet- http://www.stayinghomeleavingviolence.org.au/SHLV%20Safety%20booklet.pdf
For help at court:
- In NSW, women applying for domestic violence orders can access these services:- http://www.legalaid.nsw.gov.au/what-we-do/community-partnerships/womens-domestic-violence-court-advocacy-program/womens-domestic-violence-court-advocacy-service-locations-in-nsw
- Also, check out women’s legal services in Australia at:
- Legal Aid services in the USA also has some women’s legal services:-
- In Latin America, www.thelaa.org runs a domestic violence program, including legal assistance
- In India Women’s Rights Initiative runs a pro bono legal aid cell for domestic violence cases and are also associated with law reforms in the area of domestic violence. 63 / 2, First floor, Masjid road, Jungpura, New Delhi. Ph: 4316925 / 4313904 / 432101. Email: email@example.com.
- Rights Of Women Offers an advice line with free legal advice for women by women and a sexual violence helpline. Rights of Women is a voluntary organisation committed to informing, educating and empowering women about their legal rights.
- Legal helpline: 020 7251 6577
- Sexual violence helpline: 020 7251 8887
- Website: www.rightsofwomen.org.uk
Ways to make a difference:
Watch these video – understand & respond!
From the global:-
To the local:-
http://runmelbourne.everydayhero.com.au/dvrcv (Help the DVRC’s efforts to raise funds in the Melbourne fun run).
I am committed to updating these resources- to help victims and crusaders alike. That was why I wrote my book, after all…